Here’s 10 Mother Teresa Quotes to inspire you today!
Mother Teresa Quotes are like a grain of sand at the beach, there are tons of them! But these particular Mother Teresa Quotes are gems to me because they are 10 of my personal favorites! I want to share them with you to help you.
Mother Teresa served the poor, the sick and the dying all over the world with the Missionaries of Charity. She was an imperfect woman who Jesus worked through because she said yes to His will for her life. I know it’s hard sometimes to live with purpose.
I hope you know this Monday morning that you are not alone!
These Mother Teresa Quotes are filled with applicable wisdom for our lives today. Whatever work you are doing it matters and you can do it well to serve the people God has placed in your life in this season!
1. “Be faithful in the small things because it is in them that your strength lies.”
Did you know there is strength in doing your work day in and day out faithfully? It’s like working out, your muscles grow more everyday.
When you work as unto to the Lord He sees every act, every motive and every day that you give to Him in your calling. There is strength in the daily grind.
Don’t lose heart!
2. Joy is prayer; joy is strength: joy is love; joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.
I think my favorite fruit of the Holy Spirit is joy. I have known depression, anxiety and sadness. I have also met people filled with joy and those filled with sadness.
The remedy to heaviness is joy in Jesus Christ! Whether among the poor or the rich, joy is contagious! People want to have joy and it leads them to Jesus.
Satan hates when we laugh and when we have cheerfulness so he will fight us for it. He wants us to focus on our circumstances. Joy in the Lord is greater than anything we face.
Mother Teresa understood joy. It truly is a shining gift and magnet in the darkness of the world. People are looking for joy, laughter and freedom.
Share joy freely!
3. “People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
I love this poem by Mother Teresa because it’s a truthful reminder for all of us!
All people are born into sin and without the transforming power of Jesus we are sinful, period.
Love and forgiveness from the Holy Spirit are the answers to the hardest of situations with all people.
I have come out of a season where I’ve had many questions in my heart about experiences I had in while living in Haiti. I wonder. I ponder. I examine. I reflect.
The Lord has given me so much peace in the healing process. That peace is greater than any regret or grief. People are people. God is God. And if we belong to Jesus we are simply clay jars for Jesus to work through.
This poem is a prayer for us in the journey of purpose to stay tender in our hearts, to stay pure in our motives and when we are broken by the darkness of the world to go to God. He alone can heal and refresh.
He’s our Father and all we do for other people is merely an offering to Him.
Mother Teresa understood this.
4. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
What a beautiful goal! To be full of love and spread it everywhere is a beautiful mission. It’s possible to love people and lift others up everyday!
5. “Intense love does not measure, it just gives.”
It’s human nature to keep track and a record of rights and wrongs, but the love of God doesn’t do that.
Give cheerfully and give freely! Give generously and do it with no expectation.
Watch God reward you! He is Faithful and He sees. He gives and He is blessed to do so.
Jesus gives to us freely and without measure what we don’t deserve! He calls us to love people in the same way. We can’t do so without the power of the Holy Spirit.
6. “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.”
Mother Teresa understood the power of “one”.
Some people are overly concerned with big crowds and numbers.
But, God asks us to be faithful with the little and He multiplies. Don’t be discouraged if your work impacts 1 person or 1 million. Just do it and do it well!
7. “Do you really know the living Jesus – not from books but from being with Him in your heart? Have you heard the loving words He speaks to you?… The devil may try to use the hurts of life, and sometimes our own mistakes – to make you feel it is impossible that Jesus really loves you, is really cleaving to you. This is a danger for all of us. And so sad, because it is completely the opposite of what Jesus is really wanting, waiting to tell you. Not only that He loves you, but even more – He longs for you.”
Jesus is alive! Mother Teresa knew Him as a living Person. He is so real! I love Jesus and He truly is my Best Friend. He has been with me in so many seasons of my life, good and bad. He will walk with us in the valleys and mountain tops of life.
He is our Strength. Getting to know Him and His unconditional love is amazing. We were made for His love!
8. “God loves me. I’m not here just to fill a place, just to be a number. He has chosen me for a purpose. I know it.”
Have you ever felt like you didn’t matter? I know that feeling and it’s always been a big, fat lie.
You matter and I matter. This is one of the Mother Teresa quotes that I love because I’m so passionate about teaching purpose and identity!
I believe God has a purpose for every single person on the planet! You were made for a reason!
We were made to fulfill different purposes. When we discover why He placed us here there is so much joy.
9. “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.”
This is such a powerful truth! Loving our families and the ones closest to us is often the hardest because we are so close, but it’s what we’re called to do.
There is a need for deep love and forgiveness repeatedly in our family relationships.
Family is a picture of heaven: husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters. The love of God for His family is reflected in earthly families.
It matters and it does change the world.
10. “Your true character is most accurately measured by how you treat those who can do “nothing” for you.
Mother Teresa understood giving and loving the poor. They couldn’t pay her back.
The sick, the dying, and children can’t say “thank you” but the joy in the giving is the “thank you.”
We can love and serve people freely with a pure heart through Christ. On good days and bad days He can help us!
Often we give with expectations and that is what causes problems. We were made to love, give, and serve those who can’t always make us feel good about it, but unto the Lord. That is joy.
So there’s your 10 Mother Teresa Quotes for Monday Inspiration!
Let me know your favorite Mother Teresa quotes in the comments below!
Share with a friend who needs a pick me up and reminder in the journey that “you’re not alone!”
Stay Radiant! Stay Beautiful!